We are a co-educational private elementary/middle school located in Southeast Houston. Queen of Peace Catholic School is fully accredited and staffed by degreed teachers, offering full-day programs in PK3 through 8th grade. We are a member of the National Catholic Education Association, the Galveston-Houston Association, and the Early Childhood Association. Queen of Peace Catholic School is dedicated to integrating faith and knowledge in the rich tradition of Catholic education.
On September 8, 1947, Queen of Peace Catholic School was built, with four classrooms, a library, and an office, with an enrollment of 105 students in grades one through eight. The Dominican Sisters were the first to staff the school, with Sr. Loretta Raphael as the first principal. On February 9, 1962, ground broke on the present church. The first Mass was celebrated on Sunday, December 2, 1962.